I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Friday, April 02, 2004

If You Could Read My Mind by Gordon Lightfoot

This was inspired by Katherine by way of Zoot.

Name a song that:

Reminds you of your youth…Summer of ’69 by Bryan Adams.
Gives you the chills…Boys of Summer by Don Henley. It was timed perfectly with my leaving the tropics and I thought at the time, well, this intense part of my life just ended. On to something new without looking back.
Makes you want to bang your head…Relax by Frankie goes to Hollywood. Don’t have a clue why, but I loves that tune.
You wish you knew the lyrics to…
In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
Makes you so upset you turn it off…
Tears of Heaven by Eric Clapton. All I can think about is how he wrote and dedicated the song to his four-year-old son dying.
Was/is ‘your song’ with someone else…
Nope, don’t got one
Makes you want to dance…
YMCA by the Village People. Shut-up. No, I’m not gay. I think the song is hysterical though. And quite a toe-tapper.
Helps you heal after a breakup…Someone Saved My Life Tonight by Elton John. First girlfriend. End of story.
Your parents made you listen to…
Johnny Cash.
Ignites a specific memory…
Too many songs to list here. Maybe I’ll do a post sometime specifically for that one.
You’ve dedicated to someone…
Loves Theme by the Love Unlimited Orchestra. And that’s all you need to know.
You identify with…
Only Wanna Be With You by Hootie and the Blowfish. It’s just a feel good, inconsequential tune, that hits every one of the right campy notes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home