I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

First 100 things I thought of.... (26 - 50)

26.) Proudest crossword puzzle moment: 8-letter word for, ‘tundra feature’. It took two fuckin’ days, but I got it.
27.) Best blogging moment so far: Getting you to erroneously believe I’m gonna tell you what it took me two fuckin’ days to figure out. Yeah, right.
28.) Funniest movie moment: The Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
29.) I’ve driven cross country (Boston, Ma to Spokane, Wa) twice. I’m from New England where in six hours you can touch six states (in more than one combination). Seeing the Rockies off in the distance for days was awe-inspiring.
30.) Alaska is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. And moose is/are ugly.
31.) Favorite authors; Arthur Miller, John Steinbeck, Stephen King (Cujo is my favorite, but I think The Stand was his best. "M-O-O-N, that spells (insert anything)". “Laws, yes.” – Tom Cullen). I still chuckle when I think of the woman that approached me when I worked in the bookstore and said she was having difficulty trying to find the Cliff Notes on Stephen King.
32.) Love Charlie Brown’s Christmas, The Grinch who stole Christmas, and Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol.
33.) After living in the Philippines for three years and Korea for one year, I now know that you can never be too hot, BUT you CAN be too cold. I can’t begin to tell ya how much it sucks when it’s too cold.
34.) Was forced to read The Hobbit and the other books in high school. This traumatic event still haunts me now in that I hate the Lord of the Rings. To me it’s just a special effects movie.
35.) Favorite quote: ‘Isn’t it pretty to think so…’, Hemingway.
36.) ‘The Tick’ is the funniest cartoon. SPOOOOOON (The Simpsons are like a whole different category).
37.) Saw a double rainbow once.
38.) Saw a herd of monkeys
39.) Saw a group of dead trees with dead leaves that turned out to be hundreds of fruit bats.
40.) Saw a cobra in the ‘wild’ once. There is no such thing as a comfort zone in that situation.
41.) Many people say they hate, and they would be happy to not work. Then they’re on vacation for a couple of weeks and pissin’ and moanin about wanting to get back to work. I do not suffer in that area. I really ‘could’ not work ever again.
42.) When my best friend turned 18 (my 18th birthday was a week earlier) we went down to the Fowler Memorial building to register for The Draft. A nice older woman there advised to go on home as Congress was deciding on the question of The Draft. The Draft ended the next week . They still got me because I joined the Air Force six years later. I had a great time.
43.) Was an extra in a few war movies. Met Chuck Norris, who is incredibly cool and completely different in real life. He told many stories and was very animated.
44.) Tried crossing a knee-deep river once. Water was moving very fast. Could not keep balance at all. Much comedy ensued.
45.) I hate country music…and bowling. I’m sure that I’m doomed to come back as a country music singing-bowling champion.
46.) And about singing. God has told me personally to never sing. Ever. I mentioned, in the shower, perhaps? He said no.
47.) Arnold Schwarzenegger and I have the same birthday, although I’m much younger and an inch taller. The main goal for me here was to get you to imagine Arnold Schwarzenegger when you think of me.
48.) Did I mention I don’t like lobster.
49.) I have a great deal of respect for Sylvester Stallone. I think he’s way underrated.
50.) I think it would be cool to work for the National Geographic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home