I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, March 14, 2004

First 100 things I thought of…. (25 at a time)

1.) I don’t like lobster. I have given it many tries, because I believe in trying anything once. Lobster has gotten 5 tries and it’s over.
2.) The new format for TV guide sucks so much I can’t stand it. TV guide is a monopoly though. You can’t go anywhere else for a magazine that lists all the channels and what’s on. When I look at it, I want to know what’s on TV not (and this is no slight on the movies, because I love the movies) what’s going on in the fuckin’ movies!
3.) Glad to see winter go. Dry air. Enough said.
4.) For the first time my work schedule did not conflict with my brother-in-laws St.Patrick’s day party. This is great because my sister-law serves the best corned beef on, well…Earth.
5.) DisneyWorld is the happiest place on Earth. It’s the ultimate vacation, and even spent the honeymoon there.
6.) Pizza is the most perfect food.
7.) Chicago is my favorite city. I grew up and currently live in New England, I love it there too, but bar none Chicago is the most fun major metropolis.
8.) Family Reunions are very cool. I attended my second one in Iowa (kinda cool state…too much corn, too flat). Connecting with family is an amazing thing.
9.) There is no bad weather, just the wrong clothes.
10.) Chickens are really stupid. (I know that this is a widely accepted idea already, I mention it only because I’ve witnessed them being stupid first hand...really stupid.)
11.) Apple pie and Strawberry Shortcake run an incredibly close second to pizza. Pizza surpasses them only because you can’t eat the other two every day.
12.) The Apprentice is must see TV.
13.) I make the best Whiskey Cake in the world, and still entertain notions of marketing it. Those who have partaken of it have suggested that.
14.) Nothing better musically as a decade than the 80’s.
15.) Dunkin Donuts coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts. Best combo.
16.) Trains are cool.
17.) Parents divorced when I was a teenager. Many issues that still haunt.
18.) I have a belief system. I honor everyone else’s belief systems. I do not generally discuss religion. Ever. I do not accept anyone else’s belief system. Ever.
19.) I like Yoohoo and Dr. Pepper. Once in a while, not like all the time.
20.) I strongly associate songs with events.
21.) Don’t have any kind of fuckin’ clue as to why Bush is in the White House. I liked Bush, Sr. I thought he did a great job. I thought he was very presidential. I for the life me don’t understand how that monkey of a son got in the Oval Office.
22.) I hate laundry.
23.) Thanksgiving is the best holiday. Period.
24.) Was in the Air Force for 8 years, 5 months, and 23 days. Enjoyed it, but it was not a family oriented environment, so I got out, taking with me, the wife and a couple of kids. During the time in, I saw and lived in many places including, but not limited to; Korea, the Philippines, Washington state, and just outside of Boston, etc.
25.) Had many animals over my lifetime, I believe the best was our cat, Buster, whom we referred to as a horse-in-a-cheap-cat-suit. Anger and malice were not in his dictionary. Neither were exercise or activity. Food was though, and sleep. Good lord, how he could sleep. His heart attacked him at the tender age of 8 and a half, and took him prematurely someplace where he is no doubt sleeping, as that is what he favored most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home