I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

First 100 Things I thought of.... (76 - Fin!)

76.) I really like archaic words and try to use them whenever possible. Numbskull and chucklehead are amongst my favorites.
77.) Fresh mowed grass.
78.) Was shocked and disappointed by the size of: the Alamo, and the Liberty Bell.
79.) Little known fact: Neil Armstrong actually had a few different choices before he settled on, "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
80.) Parking meters suck
81.) Guilty pleasure: Disney’s Hercules
82.) Although they intrigue me, I don’t have any tattoos.
83.) Quantum Leap was another great one.
84.) I’m always surprised at who the real friends turn out to be.
85.) I liked 8-track tapes.
86.) Yes, I really had an 8-track tape player in my car.
87.) Favorite Title for a Book: It’s a tie between, "No is a complete sentence", and, "Woe is I", a book on grammar.
88.) Guilty Pleasure: Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957) from the IMDB: Plot Outline: People are trapped on a shrinking island by intelligent, brain-eating giant crabs. ‘nough said.
89.) I’ve only had the room spin once during early days of drinking, and only one hangover (not the same occasion) that would qualify as really bad. That time my hair hurt.
90.) Don’t smoke. Have tried in earnest a few times.
91.) Have given up all New Year’s resolutions except the one where I plan to gain five pounds over the following year.
92.) On cross country trip at the end of March about 14 years ago, drove six hours out of the way to checkout Yellowstone National Park. It opens in April.
93.) Cookouts.
94.) Stayed in this motel in Butte, Montana was next door to a Dairy Queen. The order/pickup window was 50 ft from the door of our room. I’m getting a little misty about that even now. It was sweet.
95.) Didn’t know until a few years ago that ’20,000 Leagues Under the Sea’ was across and not down. I felt like such a moron.
96.) Favorite Singer: Melissa Etheridge.
97.) Sad that Michael Jackson’s music will be lost in the shuffle.
98.) Meanest Character: The Grinch, and Most Favorite Line: "Why, my sweet little tot," the fake Santy Claus lied, "There's
a light on this tree that won't light on one side. "
99.) Voyager, highly underrated show.
100.) I appreciate all who took the time to read these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home