I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Monday, March 22, 2004

First 100 things I thought of... (51-75)

51.) I don’t play any sports. Don’t know much about sports. My Dad took me to hockey games when I was a kid so I know something about hockey, and of all the sports, I favor hockey most. Soccer wasn’t popular yet when I was a kid. I would have played it if it had been. I made sure my kids played it.
52.) Since seeing ‘Jaws’, have been in the ocean give or take about 5 times. I just can’t get past the notion that no matter what, you can only move slower than any other creature in the water. I view this as a great disadvantage. The irony here is that I grew up, and in fact currently live, near the Atlantic Ocean.
53.) Love to fly. Used to do it a lot.
54.) I used to go to New York City and because of that I felt I had experienced a pretty broad range of people. That is until I entered military basic training. There I met people who just didn’t believe that we could even get near the moon, let alone walk on it. It was traumatic actually.
55.) I hate people who talk during movies. I don’t wish them dead, well actually, yeah, until the end of the movie, would be okay.
56.) Not much of a reader or writer. I’m trying to fix that with this.
57.) Albuquerque, New Mexico is a very cool place.
58.) Places I would like to visit: Africa, Austria, Antarctic, (I guess I just need an A at the beginning and I’m there).
59.) Lived near Mt Pinatubo, pre-eruption.
60.) Have owned 10 cars and one motorcycle. All in all the ’86 Corolla LE was the best and favorite.
61.) Love camping and fishing. I don’t consider fishing a sport. To me it’s more of a concept, and more irony considering the Jaws thing.
62.) Getting to be a pretty decent cook. I love the Food Network’s Food 911. Unlike all the other cooking shows, the foods prepared on this one are possible for regular people to make.
63.) Brownies and ice cream are never wrong.
64.) Favorite color: blue
65.) I love overlooking big cities at night. A favorite memory is lifting off the ground from LAX and seeing the Los Angeles and Oakland at night.
66.) I hate static electricity.
67.) At the right moment lemonade is perfect.
68.) Dave Letterman and Conan O’Brien.
69.) I love having an office.
70.) I wish I knew more about computers.
71.) Saw a jet fighter crash. The pilot and navigator ejected safely but the aircraft hit a truck on the ground and someone was killed.
72.) I miss quirky shows like St.Elsewhere and Northern Exposure.
73.) With the exception of The Apprentice, I hate Reality tv.
74.) LLBean is the best of it’s kind.
75.) I’ve got a love hate relationship with IM. To me IM is like a long car ride with someone you kinda know. You really don't have enough conversation to sustain, but you feel obligated to talk because they're there. Seeing someone online is like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home