I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Wine and the Superbowl

A friend just stopped by where I work and we were talking and I mentioned that I wouldn't be in on Sunday (I normally work 4-Midnight Sunday's) because I was taking the night off for the Superbowl, which has become a family tradition the last few years between my son and I. The womenfolk don't revel in it to much, except for the commercials (Hey, who doesn't?).
This year however, my boy won't be home. He has decided to join his youth group to watch the Bowl with (I understand infinitely more fun to be with friends rather than your loser father, but I'm not bitter). I will still have all the accoutremonts (sp?), the dip, chips, sandwhiches, etc. etc. etc.
As we're talking, I switch gears and start talking about the two cases of (incredibly cheap) wine that I bought Tuesday (payday), and my friend didn't switch gears with me fast enough and thought I was going to be drinking the wine with the Superbowl. Which to be honest, I was kinda on the fence about beer vs. wine for the Bowl telecast. To me, wine pretty much goes with everything. A real all-weather fighter in my book. At any rate they said that to their way of thinking wine would indicate there would quiche and quiche like items involved. I quickly nixed that notion with a, "Hey, I'm not gay...not that there's anything wrong with that."
Then my mind was briefly racing about how i just had to see Project Runway last night. OMG. NO! What's to become of me? Nothing. I still desire women. Women only. No men.
I do cook and sew, though. I prefer to think of myself as a Renaissance Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home