I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

That Wasn't So Bad

Thanks to all those willing to bear the mantle of suckage that I might have a better day. it worked because yesterday had it's ups and downs, but I figure I broke even.
I'm trying something a little different at work. I listen to Internet Radio and within the realm of Internet Radio I listen almost exclusively to Awesome 80's. Today however, I am trying AP News (Associated Press), just to have a background noise, because I am to distracted by the Awesome 80's to get actual work accomplished.
That being said, is anyone following the bird flu thing.

Influenza struck without warning in the fall of 1918 and with catastrophic effect. 550,000 Americans died over the next few months (few months!), a casualty toll exceeding U.S. combat deaths during World Wars I-II, the Korean and Vietnam Wars combined. Approximately fifty times this number, around twenty-five million persons in the Uniteds States, contracted the virulent influenza strain and survived.

The thing about influenza was that it appeared, killed, then stopped. It is still an unknown as to what caused, or why it stopped. We were never able to due anything.
Kind of like...Avian Flu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home