I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Could We Just Have The One Who Can Read, Please

Watching the coverage of Katrina on TV, and as much as I dislike GW, he really is an insensitive boob, who doesn't have a clue in now (count'em) two national disasters. On the flip side, When Laura Bush (the one that can read) speaks, she effortlessly shows compassion and genuine care about what has happened and what we need to do to fix it.
I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already about the disaster itself, but I'm compelled to put two cents in.
After Basic Training in Texas, I was sent to Keesler Afb which is in Biloxi, Ms, for school. I was there for about six months and got to know the area pretty well. I can't believe the photos I've seen of Biloxi and Gulfport, which has the local airport. Someone on tv, I don't remember who, talked about how the area was not just devastated, indicating a rebuilding effort would restore the shoreline community's, but that it was obliterated. A far more accurate and terrible account by my reckoning. When I first saw the pictures, I thought that it was more like erased than anything else. They talk about looters, but the people I saw were taking like, food, which makes sense to me. Taking a tv. To where? You gonna walk it upstate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home