I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Had SUCH a good time

I did really.
I had already planned to go and my trusty sidekick called to say, "Oh, tonight turns out to be bad, I got offered a ticket to the famous sporting event in town". I say no biggie, we'll go tomorrow night. Agreed.
He calls me later and says they're heading to (good local bar), come join them. Agreed.
I pat my staff on their collective heads with a warning for everyone to be good and I took the rest of the night off. I do love being in charge.
Met my trusty sidekick at the good local bar and they were doing half-yards. I myself had been away for awhile so I decided to ease in with pints a plenty. Good conversation ensued. Time went by and we were beered out at that bar and the others were hungry so they moseyed on for pizza while trusty sidekick and I went to another bar where I opted for grownup alcohol. A great buzz ensued. I have to admit here, I've only had two hangovers in my life despite single sittings of alcohol consumption where test subjects lost their lives. Just lucky me, I guess.
Sleep, although not where I planned it, ensured the good feeling of the evening would pass unfettered into history, the only downside being that it is now 5 o'clock in the fucking morning and I won't be going back to sleep.
Still, a great yet unremarkable evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home