I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Monday, July 25, 2005

It was you or freecell

What the hell was I thinking? 3:27 in the AM. and I really don't have anything to say except a book recommendation. Ha! if you knew what an irony that is. Well some of you do...
Space by Jesse Lee Kercheval. It is awesome. It is a memoir about growing up in Florida in the late 1960's during the heyday of the space program. I grew up in the late 1960's so I identified with the feeling of the era and the way summertime was described.
In a Devil's advocate moment let me say the Mrs. found the book to be OK. Not as awesome as I did. I will describe it now as the Wonder Years for girls. Please don't get me wrong. It was the whole world that was recreated that got to me. I felt the time again, briefly.
Maybe the book is best viewed if you're in your (late)forties, but I love this book. Believe me, if I say I love a book, it has to be a very special book.
I'm gonna go write to other blogger's now that haven't been around for awhile and try to find out what the big fuckin' problem is. If it's alack of wine I got plenty right here. Oops. My bad. There's a lot less than there used to be. I am SO embarrassed.
[edited to note list was destroyed by sober author]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home