I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My God I have to put some keyboard to screen

My head is a wasteland right now, so many things going on. I had a terribly successful roadtrip from Cincinnati, OH to home in Connecticut in a mere 13 hours including a traverse across the great expanse of Pennsylvania. And speaking of Pennsylvania, I truley believe the entire length of Interstate route 80 is lined with poppy's to make you sleepy, like in the wizard of oz, because as pretty as the scenery is, as soon as you hit Pennsylvania, you're overwhelmed with a, "I'm not gonna make it across 80, because I'm just to fucking tired!" This feeling dissipates as you hit New Jersey (which is different issues altogether), but man, while you're in it all you hear is those munchkins humming and you're hoping that Glinda's gonna make it snow soon.
On a personal note to fellow traveler's: The very first sign on the highway that a Dunkin' Donuts (their coffee IS the staff of life) is within striking distance was the second to last exit before hitting the state line of New Jersey. I was VERY pissed about that. Very. Water was not a problem. Plenty of hydration. I needed the Dunkin' coffee. I was forced to used substitutes. I'm a simple guy. I like one coffee. I like it black. I have tried many other coffee's, even kona. I like Dunkin'. Ironically, I don't like their donuts. I prefer the yeast-based circles of joy created by the good folks at Krispy Kreme. They are reminiscent of a chain that was around when I was a kid called Bess Eaton, and OMG, the chocolate frosted donuts were to die for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home