I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Friday, November 26, 2004

More...

Stolen from Dana

Three questions
More fun! More craziness! More comments!
(But, really, it's more than three.)

(A) First, recommend to me:
1. a movie
2. a book
3. a musical artist, song, or album
(I actually promise that I will TRY to watch, read and/or listen to most, if not all, of these. I'll at least put them on my to-do lists.)

(B) Ask me three questions, no more, no less. Ask me anything you want.

(C) Go to your journal/blog, and copy and paste this allowing your friends/readers to ask you anything. Say you stole it from me. (Again, that would be Dana)


Edited to add:

Welcome to the Response Section!

DeAnn asks:

1. How long have you had a blog?
2. Have you ever met anyone in real life that you first met online?
3. If not, do you want to/would you? If so, how was it?

And I say:

1. I started one on LiveJournal and was there for about a month in Feb. '04, and then moved over to Blogger and never looked back.
2. No. In fact, I have only known one person in real life that has a blog.
3. I would. For example, I have known Zoot and Pam since the beginning and it would be nice to put a three-dimensional face to a conversation, but again in reality, one lives in the South about 2000 miles away and the other one, far as I can figure, lives near the Arctic Circle.

Kymmie asks:

1.Name once instance where you have been moved to tears of joy.
2. Name one instance where you have had a "life changing moment".
3. What is your most favorite of all time candy?

And I say:

1.Believe it or not I’m having trouble interpreting this. I’m wondering if you mean like in real life, or when you’re watching a movie and the story grabs you. Taking the safer route, I choose the movies. In Monty Python’s the Holy Grail. The first time I saw King Arthur and Paddy confront The Black Knight I cried to the point of fear that I would soil myself. Okay, if you meant in real life, I can’t think of any. I have felt profound joy as it were, getting cast in a movie, or in a play, but nothing to the point of getting weepy.
2. My father moving out.
3. Reeses peanut butter eggs (that are, stupidly, only available around Easter.

Dana asks:

1. Who do you love the most in this world?
2. Whats your favorite memory?
3. If you could write an episode of "Scrubs", what would be the main storyline?

And I say:

1. My kids. It is thoughtless, as in without thought that that is true. It is unconditional.
2. This will be boring for you, but it’s your own fault that you asked. I played Lennie in Of Mice and Men at the Spokane Civic Theater in Washington some years back. At the very end of the play Lennie, who is slow-witted and kills unintentionally because he doesn’t realize his strength or consequences, is shot by his best friend George, an average guy just trying to save up enough so that he and Lennie can make a life somewhere. Anyway, the inevitable conclusion is that Lennie has to die, and as George has Lennie face away from him, George keeps Lennie talking about the farm they’re (never) going to have and rabbits to raise. Meanwhile, George is aiming at the back of Lennie’s head and the stage is fading to black. Then in the darkness, the gunshot. End of play. As we rehearsed it, there would be the gunshot, then the applause for the end of the show and George and I could make our way off the stage for the curtain call, etc. On opening night, stage went black, the shot rang out, and…silence. George and I didn’t know what to do, so we stayed frozen. Then, out of the darkness, we could hear crying. I had no idea how powerful the play or the ending was until that moment. Eventually they started clapping but it seemed like forever. It went that way every night and it is my favorite play. Hey, esoteric for me, but again, you asked!
3.I will throw names in because it’s easier for me to imagine that way, but I see June Lockhart and Marion Ross as sisters who have bickered all their lives, one of them is admitted for TIA (transient ischemic attacks) and on the other end, a boy named Timmy is admitted for some non-fatal problem. His dog, a collie, waits patiently outside the hospital entrance, befriending all who pass by. The reference for the boy and dog would be a running gag concerning Timmy and Lassie. The running theme would be friendship, the most basic platform, siblings, or the people you will probably know longer than anyone, and in this case how it was wasted over the course of a lifetime, and the most basic across species. A boy and his dog.

Beth asks:
1. How many hours/week do you spend in front of the tube?
2. Do you sing in the shower?
3. Who's your favoritest teacher from high school?

And I say:
1. It’s actually changed a lot over the years. From I would say six or seven years old until I was twenty-four, I averaged 35-40 hours/week. Because of this, combined with a steel trap memory for useless television information, I don’t need to read a lot of trivia books. I pretty much remember from when I saw it. Nowadays, because of work and such, I only catch about 15-20 hours (mostly late night crap).
2. No. I don’t have what you would call an ‘ear’ for music in terms of singing. In fact, I’ve been told by God, personally, to never sing. I said, “What about in the sh…”. He said, “No. Thee must ne’er even think a bout it, ‘K?”
3. Top honors would have to go to Mr. “Wild Bill” Castelot, who taught math in a very subtle way.


Zoot asks:
1. Do you prefer Turkey or Ham?
2. What is your favorite pie?
3. Do I need to quit thinking about food?

And I say:
1. Smoked Turkey and Dark meat beats Honey Ham, but not White meat.
2.Banana Cream, then Apple, then Pecan, then Pumpkin, then Blueberry, then chocolate cream, then the other miscellaneous.
3. Quite impossible with Eggnog signaling the official opening of food season. The season of course being sometime around now just before Thanksgiving until sometime time around the last commercial aired during the Superbowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home