I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, November 14, 2004

CSI

I started about 10 minutes ago thinking about what I would write about this week's Apprentice. I checked the official Apprentice 2 website, although it was all still clear in my mind, which was confirmed after glancing the site. It was a better show in terms of being livelier, except that it was livelier with negativity.
Chris - you weren't as entertaining as Raj, but hey, you gave it your best shot. And to his credit, the next day on the Today Show I thought he did a good job fending off Matt Lauer's 'Boy, did you really fuck up, or what?' attack.
The task set forth before Chris and Kelly (What is up with his eyebrows? Does he have any? He's creepy, but I also think the eventual winner) was to set up a bridal show. A mighty unfair task for Chris's team since Sandy owns a bridal salon. I have mixed feelings about this. This is the tenth week so there was plenty of time to have a different task in place by the time this week rolled around. Of course Sandy could have been fired by this point. It just struck me as rude on the Donald's part. With her connections alone, if Kelly's team did poorly they still stood a better chance. Foul in my book. Chris's team was a lesson in what negativity can do. They really did try to pull together, except that they felt that they were doomed to failure. Over the past couple of seasons that I've been watching the Apprentice the one thing that seems most consistent is that Trump puts loyalty above all else. You show disloyalty and you've made a career decision right then. Chris was pretty much dead man walking after last week. Buh-bye Chris.
Move on to fun stuff!
Joey - Much joy there. Kelly Preston was a welcome surprise and the guy who played her husband, Ron (Danny Nucci), was very funny. The shows coming along nicely.
Will and Grace - No Vince this week but plenty of Karen and Jack.
Had the opportunity to catch Law and Order: SVU (y'know where the crimes are not just crimes, they're especially HEINOUS crimes) and I remembered when I used to watch it something that really bothered me about it was how complicated the storylines were. I mean, if you missed even the first 10 minutes, you're pretty much toast in terms of any hope in following/figuring out what was going on.
That appears to have changed for the better. Not nearly as complicated, yet still liberal in the literary license department, but kept the attention in a good way.
Medical Investigation - definitely a Friday night show. It's a very special night of the week in terms of TV because the audience is very small, but incredibly loyal. The shows that get slotted for Friday are always critically acclaimed/will garner awards/but never be mainstream(Homicide: Life on the Street) and when they get moved to another night, it spells their downfall. That being said, I like this show Medical Investigation. Writing-wise I think they have a gift for fiction. I really like the actors, especially Neal Mcdonough (formerly of Boomtown, also formerly of Friday night). I know it wouldn't survive anywhere else on the schedule, but I like the show.
...I'm having CSI taped, because I never get to see that one, and I've always thought William Peterson was good since 'Manhunter' (The real beginning of Hannibal Lector), so I want to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home