I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Thursday, July 01, 2004

A little narrative

Well apparently I should be blogging a little more often. And actually should be a lot more involved as I read Zoot’s. entries today I saw this thing called analyze your blog roll. And the guideline was you couldn't use a name more than once, so for me, I’m screwed because my blog roll is tiny and pretty much most of the answers would be Zoot anyway.

I've been doing this for a few months now and in terms of goals I've reached the original goals. Of course , once your goals are met , you need new goals. So my new goals are to write more, and to get out more and look at other blogs. I'm going to attempt to answer the blog roll questions in more of a narrative fashion rather than the bullet statements , because actually I just don't know that many bloggers. The question of who finally inspired me to start a blog, well, for personal reasons I don't want to say. The most inspirational person has been, hands down, Zoot. Her and her twin sister, Another Pam, keep me going back to the keyboard because they’re forever writing something that I’ve just got to comment on. Take that any way you want.
I’m torn about wanting to meet anyone. I have the terrible sense that an inperson meet would go something like an inspired, Hey, Wow, it’s great to finally meet you! Then pretty quickly would descend into a lot of looking down at the floor, avoiding eye contact, whistling, foot shuffling. I’m not much for small talk. Actually, I’m not a fan of big talk, either. More of a listener as it were.
I try to read the whole blog roll pretty much daily. Somehow that sounds like stalking. It is a short list by comparison to I think most blog rolls but I find it a quality blog roll.
And you know what I’m just going to list everybody and let you decide for yourself because they have all inspired or entertained for various reasons and I'm drawn back to them more frequently than others:

  • Aged and Confused

  • Amalah

  • Beth

  • the enthusiast

  • feisty girl

  • Hello World

  • Hussified

  • just looking

  • Miss Zoot

  • Mitten N Kim

  • msdiana

  • Oliquig

  • Pam

  • Pineapple Girl

  • Reality Check

  • Running with Scissors

  • Weave and Unravel


  • So as you can see, I don’t have enough blogs on my blog roll to cover all the questions even once. And I sure as hell don’t want to alienate anyone by leaving them out. What a nightmare. The ‘Comment’ would go something like, “So I see you answered the 21 questions using 16 of your 17 bloggers, me of course being the 17th one who didn’t even make your stupid fucking list of answers. So what’s your problem, huh? Not good enough for even ‘most cooperative blogger’. Ok, I see how it is. Thanks…asshole.” Oh yeah, I definitely see that one coming down the street.

    So if there’s anyone out there who feels slighted…well, ok then…consider yourself slighted. I love everybody on my blog roll, except of course, well, you know who you are.
    Whew! That was draining.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home