I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Is that regular sweat, or am I just stroking out?

This particular entry is dedicated to Pam. Why? Well in the complimentary comments section of her blog I quoted the catch phrase on her site "Shut Up and Run". Thinking it unfair to impart such invaluable wisdom without backing it up, I decided today to resume running (to others it looks like walking at this point of the training). I stopped this effort over a year ago for various lame reasons that seemed justifiable at the time. I was also watching the other night Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt in What Women Want, and there is a scene in the movie about trying to put together an ad campaign for the women's sports division at Nike. There is a point where they're discussing how running is a time to clear your mind, get your thoughts together, yada, yada, and that's so true. Honestly though, an MP3 player on the open road doesn't hurt as I can quickly bore myself...but, I digress.

I did 6 miles (that's 10K for our friends to the North). At about the 1.5 point I was trying to figure who would be getting what in my estate, so on, so forth. But they'll have to wait until tomorrow because even though I hurt (though not like childbirth or anything), I LIVE! I did determine also I have to do this in the mornings. And a final thought. The chucklehead who came up with the 'no pain, no gain' slogan was an A*&%$hole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home