I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Back in the saddle again

First off, let me say I gotta brand new toy. And I'm using it right now! What is it? Well, let me describe it as gift from the magical world of voice recognition software! Yes, ladies and gentlemen this entry as you see it before you now is untouched by human hand. I am no longer burdened by having to type. In fact, I just may never type again! Ha ha.
OK OK, let's get back to business. Saw Shrek 2 and was, as I expected, quite pleased with it. Like the original it used shotgun type humor, in other words, there were so many jokes you had to laugh at something. There were many inside jokes and Antonio Banderas stole the movie.

On the DVD rental front we took a look at Miracle with Kurt Russell (who was amazing) and let me tell you, a Disney movie about the 1980 Olympic hockey team, well, now there’s your entertainment! Although there were plenty of scenes with the hockey players, the focus of the movie was Kurt Russell’s character, Herb Brooks, the real-life coach of the team. It was actually pretty amazing how as they went to Lake Placid for the Olympic Games that you can feel the energy of the 1980 Olympics, but in reality no other events were shown except for a scene or two in the Olympic Village.

We got out to see Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. Many many big laughs. Most of which do not show up in the commercials you see on TV for the movie, which in itself is a miracle. I can’t really talk about the movie because I don’t want to spoil any of it or give anything away. A lot of good laugh out loud funny jokes and sight gags. Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller never cease to please. Go out and see it, go, go now, dammit I said go!

…And still running. The shins are much better going up and down stairs. I don’t feel like 132 years old any more. I do manage 10K a day. I know there are many of you out there who are saying how you can’t run every day! Well, if you’re like me, the term running is actually rather subjective. I mean, it starts to fall into a gray area where you can speculate, ‘Is he really running?…Is it actually just walking? Mostly. Well friends, as I have an incredibly low threshold of pain, scaling back to a leisurely walk if sweat breaks, I don’t find any real serious danger in 10k a day. Rest assured the running part is coming along though. Who knows? Perhaps will come the day when the entire 10k is actually run! Oh man, I just made myself laugh. But let’s not get crazy. Okay okay, I do break one, a sweat that is. It’s really the mental part for me more than anything else. The route gets shorter as I can picture it mentally. And as the running comes, the process becomes how long does it take to do the 10k?

To Pam and Zoot, yes, I be back, and thanks for keeping after me to write. Migod! Has it really been two weeks? I have been enormously busy (although never so busy that I would miss taking a potshot at someone else’s blog, heh, heh).

My daughter is in a girl’s choir that took a trip to Boston this past weekend to sing at Trinity Church located in Boston. Religion aside, what an amazing church! It is so beautiful and the acoustics were awesome. The girls went up on Friday to rehearse and sightsee before they sang Sunday Service. We were giving a ride back to CT to two other choir girls, so when the three of them got in the van they were kinda grousing about not having that much time to shop on Saturday, like only about an hour or so. So we said, ‘Hey, were here, we’ll go shopping’. We did lunch and shopping in Quincy Market and Fanueil Hall, and this is for the men in the audience, “I outlasted them”. Three teenage girls who wanted to go shopping. Ha. I said, “We can stay longer if you want,” “no, that’s OK, we’re ready to go.” Ha! They were no match.

Ah, ya’know I’m ready to go, too.

The mike is now off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home