I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Monday, June 14, 2004

A Quickie

...am still running.

We saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban last weekend and I enjoyed it. I've said before I'm not a fan of the book series because I'm just not a fantasy book kinda guy, but when it comes to movies, I'm there.

I was impressed with the new director's (Alfonso CuarĂ³n)ability to keep the look and feel of the series going (although somewhat darker). It doesn't always happen (in fact it's pretty rare) when someone new takes the helm, no names mentioned (Joel Schumacher/Batman).

For me the guest appearances are the best thing. I loved Emma Thompson (actually I have ever since she was Nanny G on Cheer's, I can still here Woody calling out,"It's Nanny G, It's Nanny G!") and it was great to see Gary Oldman in a different way.

My only disapointment and I know this is because the movies, I'm told, are true to the books, is that characters we've seen before, fall by the wayside. Snape (Alan Rickman) is a terrific character and actor playing him, but he's little more than a walk-on. bummer.

But, hey you can't have everything. Very entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home