I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Yet Another InFamous Blogging Questionnaire

Stolen from someone else (as usual, Zoot) and this one appears to dig deep. Doesn’t bother Mr. Shallow, though. Ha.

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?

I want to but it means getting a fairly large group of wardrobe and makeup people together, so I just pretty much head out at midnight donning what I like to call a ‘laundry bag ensemble’.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?

I haven’t posted any photos yet. I’m pretty much on the fence about it. And have been really to lazy to do it. I also really don’t want to lose any of the readership.
3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?
Absolutely! No such thing as dorks, and as for creeps, well, as I like to say, ‘You creeps can’t stay awake forever’. heh heh

4. Do you lie in your blog?

No but I’m open to pretty much any suggestions

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?

I really don’t know. I speak my mind paying attention as best I can as to whom it might affect. I say enough retarded things so that it doesn’t look that way, but I really am concerned if it’s going to come across as mean-spirited.


6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?


No, but that’s an excellent idea! Kinda like a soap opera star hanging out at the mall just to be recognized. Not pitiful, no, not at all.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?

No. I’m feeling much better now…why? What did you hear?

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?

No and No, but yet another excellent idea.

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after?

I’m not really sure what this means. Is it ‘did you start to make a comment, then canceled it?’ Then it would be yes, as I like to think I’m mostly about comedy and if I’m thinking the joke isn’t going to work, then I won’t move forward. Actually, I wish that would happen more often because when I reread it later I’ll think, ‘I don’t even get it’.

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?

I figure that upon meeting me they would say, “You?” And really, how do you answer those one word questions.

11. Do you have a job?

Yes. A good one. Which kinda bugs me, because it allows me to do many things except strive to get a better job.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?

(Pointing out the window) Oh, Oh!…What’s that? Oh, it’s a …Duh!

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?

Wow. A seemingly simple question and yet…I have always lived by the rule, ‘Give someone a reason to want to talk to you’. With that in mind there are many folks I’d like to meet, but it’s all so different in a face to face where there isn’t time to craft witty things to say as one can (hopefully, anyway!) in a blog. I would love to go to JournalCon and meet the people that have commented on my blog because to me that would be something I would feel comfortable talking about. I think it is so awesome that really we’re all communicating through just reading and writing. I of course have to single out Zoot as a want to meet because she’s been a dedicated correspondent since the beginning.

14. Which bloggers have you made out with?

Before I answer this one let me check with my mirror. Hmmm, let’s see…middle-aged, married, two kids, mortgage. Ah yes, I guess I’d have to go with, “What is ZERO? On that one, Alex.”

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?

I don’t think so. I don’t talk about money, really.

16. Does your family read your blog?

I don’t know. I don’t think so. I have to keep telling my wife what the URL is.

17. How old is your blog?

Going nay on three months now.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?

1000! HA! Good one. Of course I care. I have so many super important things to say! My God, how does America even function without my daily words of affirmation!

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?

No, and that is the third excellent suggestion.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?
No

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?

I don’t earn anything from my blog.

22. Is blogging narcissistic?

Duh, again. If it isn’t about ME, then what’s the point. I’ve even got YOU reading ME, HA. That gives ME more power. HA!

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?

Yes, because I feel a tremendous loss of momentum in an almost geometric progression. I hit everyone on my ‘must read’ list at least twice to three times a day though.

24. Do you like John Mayer?

Yeah, sure. He’s no ‘Men Without Hats’, but then really, who is?
25. Do you have enemies?

I suppose so. Oh well…

26. Are you lonely?

I don’t believe so. It’s kind of a subjective question. Blogging provides a great deal of mental stimulation (for me anyway) interacting with so many people. On the flipside though, blogging is done alone at a keyboard usually under the cover of darkness.

27. Why bother?

Why Not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home