I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, August 01, 2004

I know something you don't know (and it hurts to tell you what it is)

Just saw The Village. Another job by a master storyteller. It was not nearly as scary as I was led to believe. It was TV-movie scary, which of course, can be really scary (Most Stephen King made for TV-movies). Or just kinda scary (anything where Tori Spelling speaks). But this never really got past regular TV-Movie scary.
And now comes the problem. Can't recommend it. I do become an idiot whenever I see one of his movies because despite hundreds (nay thousands) of blatant clues, I absolutely never (ever) figure it out before the surprise comes. Which is where I feel the, 'I was disappointed with the surprise' comes in. I was still surprised, but not happy surprised. The movie is well written in terms of a story well crafted and entertaining but a bogus premise underlies. I really did like the dialogue, and superior acting. Joaquin Phoenix was standout.
Can't recommend throwin' down good hard cash to see it at the movies though. More than a few would be mad at me if I did. Possibly seek me out for revenge. Go to the movies if you're an incredibly big fan of M. Night Shyalaman, and feel that there is nothing he can do wrong. Otherwise, it should be out on DVD in about three months.
Man, it really hurt to write this one, but it had to be done.
As a postscript, I did see a preview for one with Kim Bassinger and that guy from The Transporter,Jason Statham, that looked really good but may very well teeter-totter on the edge of possibly to hokey to buy into. On the other hand William H Macy's in it, 'nuf said. It was called Cellular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home