I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

What were you doing in the wee hours?

Well, I was drunk blogging, thank you very much. Will there be any wit or wisdom in this post? I count us lucky if I even spell check the fuckin' thing. Oh yeah, we're on our way now, woohoo. How did this situation even come to pass. I wonder. I left work early, as a friend had called me this afternoon complaining of a beer deficit in his dwelling. I of course could not shirk my duty as a friend (who, on more than one occasion had consumed mass quantities of various domestics and imports alike under his roof) and supply him with the much needed liquid nutrition. So with a rack of beers at our disposal we try and settle on a DVD. Best of Chris Farley was first up and while that was on I tried plowing through his dozens of DVD's. A dispute arose over
Loverboy's,Working for the Weekend
, so we had to throw Zoolander in, as it's on the soundtrack. I then made fun of my host because he had Reindeer Games, to which he countered Chalize Theron 'naked'. So I conceded on that one. I then pulled out Point Break and said, 'OK, Charlize Theron isn't even in this one. He just shuffled his feet and avoided I contact. So we threw that one in and made fun of Keanu Reeves and remained pretty much on the fence about whether or not Patrick Swayze is bi or not.
Now I'm home and these days the wee hours are a time of reflection (I sense my complaints coming). At some point soon I hope to steal from Oliquig the latest MEME which from all the ones that I've seen although certainly not the most comprehensive, definitely the best because it's about, 'where were you when this major event happened?' And we all have a pretty good idea of where we were when major events occurred. If I may have a mmoment...
Did you ever hear of the USS Scorpion? It was a nuclear submarine that sank with it's crew of 99 and it was 5 months before the wreckage was found.
Or Katherine 'Kitty' Genovese, the young woman stabbed to death while 38 witmesses looked on from there apartment windows Kew Gardens, Queens New York.
It's good to remember where you were when you heard about something happening because it means that someone is remebering them..
Can sleep now....

Post script added after sobriety has been achieved: A little later I'm going to clarify the end of this post. Just not up to it at the moment...and no, it's not because of a hangover. I don't do hangovers, never have, like Norm on Cheers. It's been a gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home