I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

He Was How Old?

I surprised myself in that I had not written anything about Marlon Brando passing on. I may write more later but I feel bad that there was no one around at the end to say, "Thanks Marlon, it was a pleasure to watch you work."
I respected his work a lot although I didn't dwell on him like some do. I was genuinely shocked to learn he was 80 years old. He was roughly around 50 when he did the Godfather, and then he started to disappear for long stretches occasionally working when he wanted. So at least for me I always thought of him in the motorcyle leathers or the On the Waterfront role, which made him ageless. He also came of age at a time when the philosophy was,'live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse.' Like James Dean did.
Well anyway, the curtains down, and Brando's gone home. Some nice quiet applause for a job well done is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home