I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Metaphoric Meal

Thanks to the enthusiast for this latest diversion.

Appetizer
Name a board game you enjoy playing (Scrabble? Monopoly? Trivial Pursuit?) What's fun about it? Do you change the rules or go by the book?
That would be Clue (the Simpsons version). I enjoy it just because it involves the Simpson's characters, and the kids enjoy it because it's Clue. Second runner-up would have to be Life, because the kids like that one too.
Soup
How's the weather been in your area lately? Hot and dry? Wet and muggy? Stormy? Beautiful?
It's been hot. I don't feel it so much or mind it but others do. For me, ceiling fans take the edge off.
Salad
Do you consider yourself an emotional person? What types of emotions do you experience most often?
No, not more than most folks. I don't believe I have extreme ranges (I would write better if I did, I'm sure). I just kinda chug along pretty content.
Main Course
List 3 songs you've been listening to recently. Are these songs from a different category of music than you usually choose, or are you devoted to a certain type of tunes?
Beach Baby by First Class
The Hustle by Van McCoy
In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry

This isn't fair because I mostly listen to the radio and right now as we're getting into deep summer, it's summer tunes that they're mostly playing. I like pretty much across the board. My music used to be referred to as AM bubblegum but now Pop is the term for it. I'll dabble in Black Sabbath or Led Zepplin or Moody Blues when the moment hits, as well. My default category is the '80s. Every decade has it's good and bad tunes, but as a decade the '80s can't be beat.

Dessert
What's on your refrigerator door? Magnets? Your child's drawings? Photos? Calendars?
All the above items and telephone numbers for at least three pizza places (but not Dominoes!), many little scraps of paper with appoint info/phone numbers(many of which have passed and should have been discarded years ago).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home