I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Boston Legal

I have followed James Spader's career since the beginning, which was the time of the Brat Pack, of which he was not a member, but is mentioned here purely as a reference point. He pretty much has always played preppie, smarmy, elitist characters, and that portrayl has served him well. In more current times his character on Boston Legal has floated between ethically-challenged (starting out on The Practice) to hero of the underdog. He has had some choice moments on Boston Legal, especially when sharing the screen with William Shatner, but this past week his character was taken out for a drive to see what it could really do, and James Spader shined. In the storyline the evil, priggish mondo-discriminates-against-the-handicapped private school, wouldn't admit a gifted little girl who couldn't smile. The girl's mother, a former employee of Allen Shore (Spader), knew that in order to fell the Goliath private school she needed a prick. And she also knew under the right conditions, that there really was no bigger prick than Allen Shore.
It was a joy to watch the process unfold. It was like watching the culmination of years spent playing a certain type, and seeing taken to a whole new level. It was such a joy.
If I ever get to play a lawyer on TV, Mr. Spader. I want to be just like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home