I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Monday, August 30, 2004

Over the past weekend

Saw The Missing, and saw Office Space again. Road House.
Tommy Lee Jones. You can't go wrong. I had never seen Cate Blanchett in anything before and I thought she did a great job. The kids were very good too. One thing I liked about it was how it didn't dwell on anything. Characters died without ceremony and without a great deal of explanation. Just like in real life. They just died. Great script. I confess though, what turned out to be almost more entertaining for me was the extras with Ron Howard. To me, he's very entertaining to watch and listen to when he's explaining how/why he did things the way he ded. Casting, story, script, etc. And also talking about John Wayne.
Office Space is hysterical but it's like the movie no one talks about. Whenever it is mentioned, big smiles appear and they'll talk about how much they love it, but it's strangely almost in a hush hush office way. Anyway I really enjoyed it. But don't tell anyone.
Road House. Have avoided seeing since it's release in 1989. Was on TBS on Sunday. Watched it. Stars Patrick Swayze and other good people. Typical Good Guy vs. Bad Gang of Redneck Toughs (which is why I had successfully passed on it so far)in '80's clothes. Sam Elliot was in it. By default any movie with Sam Elliot in it is a good one. And honestly if you look past the hokey implausible shit that makes up those kinda pictures, then you'll find it was entertaining, which is what I always want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home