I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Saturday, August 28, 2004

a small diversion while cogitating on a name change

Shamelessly stolen from Yteews (who likewise stole it from a bunch of other ne'er do wells)

Your name spelled backwards.
Eeknay, Tucitcennoc A. (my friends call me Tuck)

Where were your parents born?
East of the Mississippi

What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
music

What’s your favorite restaurant?
Tough one. For consistency everywhere I go, I’d have to say Wendy’s. For the overall dining experience it would be the aloof ambience and bold homefries of the Elm Diner, next door to the now defunct Armstrong Rubber Tire Co. factory, hands down. If we were talking just coffee (which is the only beverage considered a meal), well then, Dunkin’ D. without question.

Last time you swam in a pool?
Not a big pool kinda guy. Not yet in this century. Definitely though tail end of the last century sometime.

Have you ever been in a school play?
Many

How many kids do you want?
I never knew this was optional. Man, things you learn too late.

Type of music you dislike most?
I hate country music. Yes, all the words in the last sentence were carefully chosen to provide the correct emphasis.

Are you registered to vote?
Yes, however ineffective that turned out to be in the last election when that cheating chuckleheaded mouthbreathing knuckleheaded moron got into office.
Do you have cable?
Yes. Why? Do you need some?

Have you ever ridden on a moped?
I would have. Really. I would have. If it wasn’t for the fact I’m a guy.

Ever prank call anybody?
Once

Ever get a parking ticket?
Oh yeah

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
I have always wanted to go sky diving. I have always wanted to see how that scenario would work out with my fear of heights.

Farthest place you ever traveled.
I have been as far away as possible without leaving the globe.

Do you have a garden?
Two. One is known as my kids, and the other one, A Connecticut Yankee.

What’s your favorite comic strip?
In order: The Far Side consistently brings me to tears (I understand why you stopped Gary Larson but damn I miss you) Peanuts, BC, Garfield, and one that is no longer around that was called Animal Crackers.

Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
yes, and the Star Spangled Banner is no picnic to sing either.
Bath or Shower, morning or night?
I can go either way, it really depends on the mood I’m in by the time Saturday rolls around

Best movie you’ve seen in the past month?
Spiderman 2

Favorite pizza topping?
I hate playing favorites on such an important question with so many possibilities, but, uh, um, oooh so many. Being as vague as possible, I would have to go with any combination of meats with lots of vegetables, oh and pineapple, I love pineapple.

Chips or popcorn?
Chips, no prep time involved (yes, I’m really that lazy)

What color lipstick do you usually wear?
Every man has secrets

Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
See here

Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
No, but I won a Fredrick’s of Hollywood contest at a party once. Don’t bother to ask.

Orange Juice or apple?
Used to love OJ until about seven years ago when I had a breakfast bar and a glass of OJ that I later determined was bad because within 15 minutes of consumption I ralphed everything I had previously consumed since age 5 (or it felt like it). So since then I don’t eat breakfast bars (the unfortunate innocent, yet marked for life) or drink OJ. I really like apple juice.

Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
Wife and some friends at a place I had never been before called Café Reutier. I had the trout (it was a first for me I found it quite tasty)and a pleasant wheat ale.

Favorite type chocolate bar?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in any form. I have be known to consume until the onset of illness

When was the last time you voted at the polls?
When I tried desperately to prevent the Bush hiring
Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Last couple of weeks

Have you ever won a trophy?
No

Are you a good cook?
Yes, but I’m a great baker. Kind of a baking-savant

Do you know how to pump your own gas?
DFQ

Ever order an article from an infomercial?
No

Sprite or 7-up?
Yeah, I bet ‘Sprite’ makes a bitchin’ Seven and Seven…Not!

Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
8 years, 5 months, and 23 days in the good ole U.S. of Air Force

Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
candy

Ever throw up in public?
A big NO on that one.

Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love?
I don’t believe true love can be found where the net worth is less than a million.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes

Ever call a 1-900 number?
No

Can ex’s be friends?
I don’t know

Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
wife

Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?
I don’t remember. I do now, does that help?

What’s your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character?
Toonces, the cat who could drive a car

What was the name of your first pet?
Tippy, the cat who could not drive a car but could cop an atitude

Favorite thing to do before bedtime?
Like I’m gonna tell you…

What is one thing you are grateful for today?
Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home