I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Friday, December 03, 2004

The Apprentice 2

I realized I hadn’t posted about last week’s fiasco, ‘This is Andy...This is Andy on Pepsi...Any Questions?
It’s all kind of a blur now, but I remember there was the, Is the World really shaped like a barbell, Pepsi bottle, and the other design that originally I thought was gonna tank, but in fact gave Kelly a win, and a one-way trip to the final four guaranteed.
Andy! What the hell were you thinkn’ boy? For a debate champion I don’t know. Two words: Board*Room. Sandy and Jen ate him alive. Trump had no choice. Very, very sad to see Andy go.
The best thing of course was Andy’s Pepsi commercial with Raj. I was roarin’.
And so it goes...and becomes Candy!
During last weeks preview, they showed Ivana stripping and they blurred her butt, making it seem like she was bare-assed, which of course in reality, she weren’t. And I thought at the time I don’t want to see that, because she has to know the Donald is not gonna hire anyone who has to get naked to get attention. I just remembered Richard Hatch did that on Survivor but in this instance it’s for an actual job. But I digress.
The Task: with the aid of the magicians at the M&M/Mars billion dollar chocolate empire at their disposal – make some candy bars and sell them.
I think the tasks are getting much more clever and better suited to this process than they have been.
Ivana (PM), Kelly, and Kevin now face off against Sandy (PM) and Jen (she’s still here!), who, in the Boardroom, just last week, well, we can all sigh a big sigh of relief that weapons are not allowed in the Boardroom.
So how did the task go? Both groups made a fair amount of candy. Ivana, et al. made more candy, because they were more efficient. Then out on the street Sandy and Jen played to win, and the other guys, well...sucked, and lost.
Sandy and Jen get the very cool prize of flying by private jet to Chicago to spend time with our boy, Bill Rancic. In that meeting I found it very interesting how Bill made the correlation that Sandy and Jen were like He and Kwame (Education, etc.). I also couldn’t help but note how, and body language says a lot, when Sandy and Jen were leaving and hugs were exchanged, Bill hugged Jen second, and you could see his right arm was fully extended out behind him, so he was doing one of those gratuitous Hollywood hugs.
The Boardroom was very interesting. Like in tennis, everyone is for him/herself. The speed with which they turn on each other is nothing less than breakneck. I really believed the Donald doesn’t makeup his mind until that moment, and if Ivana had fought for herself, Donald would have canned Kevin, who I can’t see making it all the way through because he always has money problems. I think Donald would have canned him until Carolyn reminded Him about the stripping, which you could see he had put on the back burner and wasn’t the main concern for him. I think Kevin should have gone, but it was a strong case for Ivana too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home