I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

I went to see this last night, Saturday, the 12:20am (midnight show). It was visually stunning. Story wise it was OK. The whole movie was in a sepia tone, art deco style that was just really cool to look at. In the opening scenes giant robots as tall as NYC buildings are walking through the streets (of previously mentioned NYC) and it looks amazingly real. Sky Captain (Jude Law) saves the day somewhat by slowing them down, although they still complete their mission for that point in the movie.
Gwyneth Paltrow and Giovanni Ribisi (one of my favorite actors, so a pleasant surprise when he showed up) are in it, and to be honest I thought the story was kinda, eh. The look of the movie was over the top amazing. Truly visual art. SO in terms of recommending it before it goes DVD, I'm torn. I was intrigued by the promos and I'm ok with the 9 and change I paid for the ticket so that I could see it on the big screen. If you really want to see it and don't have expectations other than, "I bet I'm gonna see something really special", then go to the movies. If you're on the fence at all, wait for the DVD, but definitely see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home