I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Thursday, September 16, 2004

I taped Scrubs

Thursday! Love Thursday. Nowadays, even if there are bad shows, and there are some mighty bad shows, there is something really decent on Thursday. Oft mentioned is that I work at night so those younger, seemingly faithful, smaller versions of me tape the whole NBC block of Thursday, so that I might get to enjoy it like reglar folk do.
Which brings me to Scrubs. I don't know why. Some whimsy was performed on me at some point and I stroll a different mental road that has memory potholes, but until I was reading DeAnn's blog sometime on Wednesday I somehow believed Scrubs, one of my favorite shows, was on Thursday. I think it was me trying to create some default great night of TV (which would be Thursday) in my head. So I'm reading about her (DeAnn's) feelings about Heather Graham and it dawned on me AARAARGGGGH! Scrubs was on two nights ago(Tuesday) and I didn't request to have it taped. Double Dammit AAAAARRGH! (I realize that sometimes my anguish begin to sound a little too piratey, but hey, I was in anguish). So for a variety of reasons my Thursday (day) was crappy but I'm thinking, ah, THursday night! Woohoo. (I guess I need a life too, y'know what, I'm going out tomorrow night.) So this Thursday afternoon in amongst all crapiness big and small, I pick up my duaghter at school. I let her know I'm having a bad day, but it would help immensely if she told me about her good day at school. So she procceeds about her good day at school. And it was helpful. Somehow I don't remember how but it came up that I forgot Scrub's. And my beautiful little girl (well she's moved on to teenagedom now so I guess she's a radiant youth) says, "I taped it!" AAAAAAAHHHH! That's GREAT! She then continued on to say that, "It was at the beginning of the tape." Hopes dashed. Renewed pain. Let me explain... My daughter gets out of school shortly after 2 in the afternoon. Passions, where we live, starts at 2. So each day for my beloved daughter I rewind the tape to the beginning since it's a daily soap (You probably can figure out where this is goin' by now) and tape Passions.
So close...yet, so far. I knew it wasn't her fault, but I made her walk home anyway. Kidding....but I did think about it.
Anyway, Thursday, woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home