I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

fall n (13c)

2b the season when leaves fall from the trees : AUTUMN

thank you Mr. Webster

I'm a native New Englander and sorry, argue all you want, when you start talkin' Fall, it means more here in New England, than anywhere else. And I've been anywhere else. The leaves are starting to turn now and fall. These days the air is a little nippy in the morning. Coffee tastes better against a cold morning. School has become a pervasive topic, although for me this also includes Driver's Ed.
Today is actually, officially, the first day of Autumn (12:37pm EST). Welcome back old friend. The fireplace was cleaned last Spring so it is poised and ready for the nights ahead. There will be probably more than one post from me about Thanksgiving (far and away only the best holiday) but it deserves a mention here since it comes in the Fall and helps play a major part in making the season great.
I have off and on, like for a week once a year in the Fall (I guess it's a ritual)smoke a pipe. I'm not a smoker, except during a few teen years, but my Dad was, so I guess the ritual is born of some kind of tribute. Anyway, there is a special tobacco that smells like burning leaves and for me it's like a connecting moment to be taking a walk with trees all around bright fall colors, there air is kinda cold, and that smell of burning leaves.
Oh man, lest we forget, hot cocoa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home