I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Connecticut Yankee Party of 29, Please. Right This Way...

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, or as I like to call it, Big Pants Day.

T-Day is a glorius thing for so many reasons that I've listed before.

1. No pressure of gifts.
2. It is a NATIONAL FOOD HOLIDAY.
3. (Most) Folks get Friday off from work/school by virtue of the FACT that Thanksgiving is ALWAYS on a Thursday.
4. No religion involved. Everyone celebrates.
5. Leftovers.

I have hosted Thanksgiving dinner in my humble abode(s) every year since the '80's (because I LOVE leftovers) and have each year had a modest group of family members/guests that numbered from about 8-12 people generally. I have always harbored a dream of having all the family members gathered at my house for Thanksgiving and this year it came true. I fufilled my dream and 29 family members feasted in my quaint colonial home on 2 turkeys, a Carando ham, including a gut-busting amount of trimmings (there is only one way to have stuffing...and it is from the bird) and many homemade (rude and evil, "calories are our friends!") desserts.

I was going to detail some logistical problems that secured my position on why I'm never going to do this again, but this isn't the time. Everyone told me they had a good time and I believe them. An impetuous Australian Shiraz kept my blues away and there were so many great leftovers. A very serious amount. All good. No fruitcakes, if you know what I'm saying.

Oh, I almost forgot the best reason:

6. Friday is TV/Couch/Grazing Day.

Excuse me, I have to loosen my sweatpants...again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home