I Was Thinking About Something Else

That pretty much sums up my life nowadays. I will be doing something, walking into a room or driving, and I will go askew. Someone will inevitably ask at that same moment, "What are you doing?". Which will confuse me and I can only respond, "Yeah, well...I was thinking about something else".

(formerly A Connecticut Yankee)

Name:
Location: Connecticut, United States

People you should read

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Wine & Cheese Party, unless I think of something better

Wine and Cheese Party Time!

...and bitching about things? No, we don’t want to be negative, however the loosening of the tongue through fine $7 Pepperwood Cabernet Sauvignon and .535 lbs of delicious LOL (Land O’Lakes, not Laugh Out Loud) cheese from Stop & Shop (It’s time to Stop & Shop!, sing the jingle amongst yourselves) Oh! And I got my XM80’s PC satellite radio on low to get the right ambience for a truly stellar Friday night. This Friday being the first day o’my vacation. A vacation which will include Cleveland.
Rick James’ Superfreak is playing, making me chuckle. I do like to chuckle, kids. Cheap wine, cheap cheese, and a good chuckle. Yes, that’s me, a cheap date. Tada. Wine kicking in thankyouverymuch.
Where was I., ah yes, Cleveland, my Cleveland. A friend’s child is getting married there, so that makes Cleveland a little better. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, so that helps. Drew Carey loves Cleveland. That really doesn’t help, but I do like Drew Carey.
Oh MY GOSH! I just remembered. Ohio is the land of Bob Evans Family Restaurants. For those who don’t know Bob Evans is the shit, man! Mouth is watering just thinking about it now. Sausage gravy and biscuits. Life can get no better. OK, trip worthwhile now.
I’ll apologize now for my mental state is just going free-form now because the wine has me off and running. If you’ve read this far, then Thank you, but it’s going pretty downhill from here. I think I will just write now right now (oooh clever to a drunk) about things esoteric to me.
I want to be younger (my birthday is Sunday), but I can’t decide when younger. I say it that way because when you say you want to be younger it’s not because you really want to be younger now, its that you want to go back to a happier time.
Today I was thinking about my thirteenth birthday, and I can’t figure out why. The only thing I really got out of it was that, oh, now I’m a teenager, which is cool. But there are a lot of rides you can’t ride at the church carnival now because you look like an asshole [laughs].
I toyed with doing a post about (author’s note: the fucking cheese is gone, but Loverboy’s Working for the Weekend came on.)
I have to write something here about the Loverboy song because it is one of my most solid memories of the being stationed in the PI (Philippines). I knew I would miss those days someday, and I hate that, because you can’t dwell in the past, but it was such an exciting time.
OH My Gosh! The Eurythmics’ Would I lie to You? is on now. Annie Lennox. Hot. Period.
The best you can do is close your eyes and imagine a different time. A time before you lost friends. When you didn’t give a fuck about the weather, when you just went out.
Terence Trent Darby’s Wishing Well. Korea. Osan AB 1988. Yes, attended the Olympics and was able to get tickets to events for $5. Can you imagine? Olympic Events. I tried not to waste time in Korea, but I hated it, which had a good and a bad side. The bad side was that as a Native New Englander I didn't appreciate that they are a stoic, hearty, hardworking people. I really believed they were just like me, except they spoke a different language. [keyboarding is getting difficult][laughs] I had personal reasons for disliking it
Pat Benatar’s Love is a Battlefield. I can’t take this. I can’t share it with anyone.
The Korean food was great. The Korea alcohol was a joy.
The good out of Korea, if you can call it that, was where I ran six miles a day. Sometimes twice and occasionally three times. I hated Korea so much I ran. Not their fault really. Interestiong culture as well. Did you know Koreans are pretty much Height wise the same as Americans? The small Asian concept is pretty wrong.
I was an extra in two movies while I was there in the PI, not in Korea. Missing in Action and Opposing Force. Both more fun than humans could stand. Chuck Norris is a very cool guy. It is tragic because in real life, he is completely different. He sucks as an actor, BUT, it’s ok because his coolness makes up for it. Honestly, if you met him in real life you’d want to be friends with him. It’s just that when the cameras start rolling, he puts on his actor hat and it’s all over. I miss working with Chuck, he’s a very cool guy, and a good soul.
Wine is working well.
I have to put an honorable mention in for Tom Skerritt with whom I got a chance to see on
Taking a moment to got IMDB.
Well as it turns out, he ahs no official site, so I can’t send him an email saying, “haey! It was a treat to work with a great actor.
Do you like the woods? I do. I hate the ocean, which is ironic, because I grew up near the beach. Always hated vacations on Cape Cod. Always loved when we did cabins in the woods on a lake. Fishing. I love fishing. I don’t think of it as a sport at all. To me it’s a concept. You go out and you cast your line and you wait. And you think. And you get calm. And nothing really matters.
Mental faculty’s are waning. Should/should not upload this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home